List of Luxury Trains in India That Redefine Royal Journeys
Trains are one of the best ways to travel India. Travel on trains to feel true India. But scared about the crowded Indian trains? Well, Indian Railways have luxury trains on which you can travel in royal ambience.
So, let us check out some list of the best luxury trains of India.
Top Luxury trains In India
1. Maharajas Express
Complementing its name, Maharaja Express is the most expensive and one of the leading luxury trains of the world.
As the name suggests, you are assured of ultimate comfort and luxury on Maharajas Express. The train is crafted to match the royal grandeur of the Rajput clan.
The train comes with an exquisite array of amenities
- The deluxe and presidential suites are air conditioned and equipped with vintage furniture.
- Attached bathrooms with expensive toiletries, showers and hot and cold running water.
- Fine dining restaurants with soulful ambience and tasty authentic Indian and global cuisines. Food here is served on silver lined plates, Swarovski glasses and handcrafted cutlery.
- The thematic lounge cum bar is the best place to unleash the wild side of your personality after a tiring day tour.
Maharajas Express Journeys
From royalty, spirituality to wilderness, explore every facet of Indian tourism with the following packages of 7 days/6 nights
1. The Heritage of India ( 6 nights and 7 days )
Mumbai – Ajanta – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi
2. The Indian Splendor ( 6 nights and 7 days )
Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Balasinor – Mumbai
3. The Indian Panorama ( 6 nights and 7 days )
Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Gwalior – Orchha – Khajuraho- Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi
4. Treasures of India ( 3 nights and 4 days )
Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi
From standard luxury suites to presidential suites, Maharajas Express train leaves no stone upturned to make your journey king size. While a personal attendant is always at your service, the paramedical services on the train ensure a safe journey for the elderly passengers. Last but not the least, get the taste of authentic Indian or global cuisines at its dining cars
- Heritage of India – USD 4,840
- Indian Splendour – USD 4,510
- Indian Panorama – USD 4,510
- Treasures of India – USD 2,910
2. Palace on Wheels
Palace on Wheels is the famous luxury train in India which offers 7 nights and 8 days luxury tour.
The train runs on one specific itinerary which covers most fascination regions of Rajasthan.
Palace on Wheels is one of the most traditional trains of the country. The coaches of this train wet used by the royal families, viceroys and administrative officers during the British period to tour the country.
Destination Covered – Delhi – Jaipur – Sawai Madhopur – Chittorgarh – Udaipur – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur – Bharatpur – Agra – Delhi
The train is known for its unmatched hospitality and elegant decor.
- 14 air conditioned coaches with attached bathrooms.
- Free internet, television sets and music channels.
- Dining cars inspired by the charming beauty of the royal palaces. Traditional Rajasthani and international cuisines are served.
- Lounge cum bar stocked with fine quality drinks and beverages.
The train takes you to the various cities of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Bharatpur and Agra.
Read More: Ultimate Quick Guide to Agra
With classic furniture, soft beds and a large window to get a panoramic view of the landscape, the 14 suites of Palace on Wheels truly represent palaces.
So, make this trip special through the romantic lands of Northern, Western and Southern India.
Palace on Wheels itinerary fare – USD 7000 (For Foreign Passport Holders),
Rs 4,76,000 (For Indian Nationals)
3. Deccan Odyssey
Popularly known as the Blue Train of India, Deccan Odyssey train makes you aware of the rich cultural heritage of Western India.
- 21 luxuriously appointed coaches, air conditioned and with classic furniture.
- Free internet connectivity, daily supply of newspapers and free music channels.
- The multi cuisine restaurant serves a plethora of Indian and international cuisines.
- High tech business cart to organise business meets.
- SPA and massage cabin to rejuvenate after a long day trip.
Deccan Odyssey Itinerary
There are 7 well-crafted journeys which take you to forts, palaces, national parks and religious destinations for 7 nights/8 days.
1. Maharashtra Splendor ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Mumbai – Nashik – Ellora Caves – Ajanta Caves – Kolhapur – Goa – Ratnagiri – Mumbai
2. Indian Odyssey ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Delhi – Sawai Madhopur – Agra – Jaipur – Udaipur – Vadodara – Ellora Caves- Mumbai
3. Jewels of the Deccan ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Mumbai – Bijapur – Aihole and Pattadakal – Hampi – Hyderabad – Ellora Caves – Ajanta Caves – Mumbai
4. Maharashtra Wild Trail ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Mumbai – Ellora Caves – Aurangabad – Pench -Tadoba – Ajanta – Nashik – Mumbai
5. Hidden Treasures of Gujarat ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Mumbai – Vadodara – Palitana – Sasan Gir – Somnath- Little Rann of Kutch – Modhera – Patan – Nashik – Mumbai
6. Indian Sojourn ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Agra – Sawai Madhopur – Jaipur – Delhi
This luxury train has 21 coaches, out of which 11 are for passenger accommodation and the rest serve as dining car, SPA, lounge and as a conference car. With air conditioned private rooms, free internet facility, delicious food, high quality drinks, a SPA and massage cabin to sooth you after a day long journey, Deccan Odyssey is no less than a 5 star hotel.
Deccan Odyssey fare – USD 6,734 (For Foreign Passport Holders), Rs 4,71,380 (For Indian Nationals)
4. Golden Chariot
Experience a different facet of India traveling on Golden Chariot. The train takes you through the South Indian tourist spots of the country.
- The 44 air conditioned passenger saloons inspired by the intricately carved Hoysala temples.
- The plush interiors of the dining cars serves a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian culinary delicacies.
- The cigar bar lounge serves an exotic range of drinks and beverages in a royal ambience.
Golden Chariot has two power packed itineraries which include
There are customized tour package which take you to the off-beat destinations of South India for 7 days
1. Pride of the South ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Bangalore – Kabini – Bandipur – Mysore – Hassan – Hospet – Badami – Goa – Bangalore
2. Splendor of the South ( 7 nights and 8 days )
Bangalore – Chennai – Mahabalipuram – Auroville – Pondicherry – Trichy – Tanjore – Madurai – Kanyakumari – Kovallam – Kerala – Cochin – Bangalore
Read more :
- How to book Golden Chariot
- Golden Chariot schedule date
- Golden Chariot Train History
- Golden Chariot FAQs
When you are on Golden Chariot you are actually living within the sacred Hoysala Temple. The Ayurveda SPA treatment, mini gymnasium, business center and bar lounge transforms the train into a mini city.
View here :
Golden Chariot Fare – USD 7350 (For Foreign Passport Holders), Rs 523480 (For Indian Nationals)
5. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
This train is an advanced version of Palace on Wheels. It comes with more space and better ambience.
- The train has 14 air conditioned saloons with large beds and panoramic windows.
- There are 2 dining cars offering mouth watering delicacies on unique crockery.
- The restro-lounges serve finest drinks and have comfortable seating arrangements.
- The SPA offers perfect relaxation and Ayurveda therapies.
The train runs on one specific itinerary which covers Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Agra.
With intricately designed interiors, beds draped in silk linens and equipped with wardrobes, vanity desk, LCD television sets and private washrooms, it is a home away from home.
Note: Currently Royal Rajasthan on Wheels Train not Operated
So, plan your luxury travel in India with these luxury trains, which exhibit the true glory of India.
Luxury train FAQS
Q1. Which is the most luxurious train in India?
A. The Maharaja Express is the most luxurious train in India. This train has won seven times ‘World’s Leading Luxury Train’ by World Travel Award. It is operated by Indian Railways and IRCTC.
Q1. Which is the expensive train in India?
A. The Maharaja Express is the most expensive train in India. It is a train with five-star accommodation and its itinerary starts from USD 2,910 goes up to USD 23,700 per person.
Q1. Which is India’s fastest luxury train?
A. Gatimaan Express is the fastest semi luxury train runs between Delhi and Agra. It covers 188 km in 100 mins.
Q1. Which is the world’s luxurious train?
A. Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is the world’s luxurious train servicing from London to Venice and other European cities. It is currently owned by Belmond Ltd.
Q1. Which country has the best luxury train?
A. Japan has the best luxury train which is Kyushu Seven Star. It is a deluxe sleeping car excursion train operated by Kyushu Railway Company in Japan since October 2013.
Q1. What is the most famous train in the world?
A. Trans-Siberian Express is the most famous train in the world. It is the longest railway line in the world, connecting Moscow with the Russian Far East.
Q1. How much the cost of Maharaja Express per person?
A. The cost of Maharaja Express depends on per person occupancy and journey selected. It starts from USD 2,910 goes up to USD 23,700 per person.
Q1. What is the cost of the Golden Chariot?
A.The cost of the Golden Chariot is for Single occupancy USD 1225 (per person per night fare), for Double occupancy USD 700 (per person per night fare).
Q1. What is the ticket price of Deccan odyssey?
A. The fare of Deccan Odyssey depends on cabin preference and the number of occupancy for deluxe cabin cost is $ 6,734 for single occupancy and $ 9,660 for twin occupancy and for Presidential Suite it is $ 14,584 for single occupancy and US$ 14,584 for twin occupancy.
Q1. What is the fare of Palace on Wheels?
A. The fare charges of Palace on wheels are for Single occupancy is USD 1000 Per Person Per Night, for Double is USD 650 Per Person Per Night, and for Super Deluxe (SUITE) USD 1800 Per Cabin Per Night and for Double is USD 900 Per Person Per Night.
Q1. Which is the best South Indian luxury train?
A. The Golden Chariot is the best luxury train in South India. It connects the famous destination in the Indian states of Karnataka, and Goa.
Q1. How can I book a luxury train?
A. Luxury trains can be booked on orientrailjourneys.com by filling out a simple booking request form on this site.
You may also read related articles: