Top 5 Places to Visit in Maharashtra in December
Naturally, everybody loves to travel in winter seasons because the travel experience in this season with chilling and cold weather is lovable and enjoyable. That’s why some travelers like to travel in winters only. Among different winter gateways in India, Maharashtra is the one. Maharashtra tourism attractions will be more glorious and attractive during winters.
Maharashtra is home to numerous hill stations, beaches, natural attractions, sanctuaries, and a lot. All these attractions will be more attractive with their stunning beautiful attractions during winters.
Let’s point out the top 5 destinations to visit in Maharashtra in December.
Mahabaleshwar is a wonderful hill station in Maharashtra with captivating natural attractions. This hill station is very famous for a number of ancient temples, natural attractions, hill points, waterfalls etc. The main attraction of this hill station is the origin point of the River Krishna. Maybe due to the origin point of River Krishna, Mahabaleshwar is known for the eternal beauty of natural attractions.
Top activities to do in Mahabaleshwar
- The first-do thing in Mahabaleshwar is rounding up the natural attractions like ancient temples, waterfalls, hill points, etc. Some of the famous tourist attractions are Mahabaleshwar temple, Venna Lake, Helen’s point etc.
- Boating experience at the Venna Lake is the must-do thing to enjoy the vicinity attractions of Lake.
- We know that Mahabaleshwar is the place for numerous hill points, waterfalls, valleys etc. That’s why here trekking is the must-do activity to experience.
- A visit to Mapro gardens is worth a visit to experience the food factory. Here jams, jellies, sweets, fruit squashes, and honey will be prepared.
How to Reach
Accessible airports to reach Mahabaleshwar are Lohegaon airport in Pune and Mumbai International airport.
Nearest railway station is Wathar stationin Pune, from there you can reach Mahabaleshwar through cab or bus.
Bus services are available from Mumbai and Pune to reach Mahabaleshwar.
Khandala is also another famous hill station in Maharashtra which bags you a number of memories in your life. The natural attractions of this hill station is a lot to see and admire. For nature lovers and couples, Khandala is the best destination with picturesque wonderful natural attractions like different waterfalls, lakes, etc.
Top activities to do in Khandala
- Visiting two famous forts of Khandala which were fully covered with lush greenery, and they are Rajmachi Fort and Lohagad Fort.
- A must-do thing in Khandala is visiting Tiger’s Leap viewpoint. From here you can capture the panoramic views of Sahyadri hills.
- To experience the Buddha caves you have to visit Karla and Bhaja caves. Here you can experience different architectural styles.
- Trekking to the Duke’s Nose is the must-do thing. No one misses this thing to experience in Khandala.
How to Reach
Nearest airport to reach Khandala is the domestic airport in Pune and Mumbai international airport.
More Details about Deccan Odyssey:
- Deccan Odyssey General Information
- Deccan Odyssey route map
- Deccan Odyssey train cost
- Deccan Odyssey train coaches
Regular buses are available to reach Khandala through Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
Lonavala is a perfect landscape for peace seekers to escape from hustle and bustle lifestyle. This hill station in Maharashtra is well-known for its green captivating lands and touristic attractions. Here the major attraction of this place is its numerous cliffs and valleys which are ideal for trekking. Lonavala is the best place for many adventurous activities in Maharashtra.
Top activities to do in Lonavala
- Famous trek points in Lonavala are Rajmachi and Kondane caves. These two are the famous forts built by Shivaji Maharaja. These caves are favorable for trekking.
- Camp at the Pawna Lake is also an interesting thing to do. This lake is the best spot for camps and family picnics.
- Lonavala is also known hot air balloon activity. This activity will take over the hill station located in Sahyadri hills.
- Another famous trek to experience in Lonavala is Canyon Valley Trek near Ulhas River. During this trek, you will come across numerous waterfalls and hills. The best trek to enjoy Lonavala natural attractions.
Suggested Read: Deccan Odyssey train departure dates
How to Reach
Nearest airports to reach Lonavala are Pune International airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport.
It is very easy to reach Lonavala because of direct railway station to Lonavala.
Lonavala has a good road network with two major cities Mumbai and Pune. So regular buses are available to Lonavala from Mumbai and Pune.
Igatpuri is a famous tranquil hill station located in Nasik. This hill station in Maharashtra is well-known for its natural attractions and greenery around the place. The major attractions of this hill station are waterfalls and old forts. And this place is also known for many adventurous activities like trekking etc.
Suggested Tour package:
Top activities to do in Igatpuri
- A visit to Vipassana International Academy. This academy is very popular in Maharashtra for ancient meditation “Vipassana”.
- Never miss the trekking tours to different old forts in Igatpuri like Harihargad Fort, Tringalwadi Fort, and Harihar Fort. And also don’t miss the trek experience to “Kalsubai” a highest peak in Igatpuri.
- Visiting Camel Valley is the must-do activity in Igatpuri to enjoy the natural attractions and scenic beauty of the valley.
- Finally, don’t miss the delicious food varieties menu of Igatpuri. Here you can have idlis, dosas, vada pao, etc.
How to Reach
Chhatrapati Shivaji airport is the nearest airport to reach Igatpuri.
Igatpuri has a railway station. So it is easy to reach Igatpuri through the train.
Igatpuri is well-connected to all major cities around it through Mumbai-Agra NH 3.
Ganpatipule is known for beaches besides for temples. Simply, Ganpatipule is a touristic center by the way pilgrimage center. This place is very popular for white sand beaches which are very rare to see and the Ganesha temple. Every day hordes of people visit this temple. Historically and spiritually, a well-known place in Maharashtra.
Top activities to do in Ganpatipule
- The first thing to do in Ganpatipule is visiting the Ganpatipule beach and nearby Lord Ganesha temple. Not only these, but there are also many historical temples are there to visit.
- The next thing to do is experiencing the adventurous sports in Ganpatipule beach like paragliding, motor boats, speed boats, swimming etc.
- Shopping at the beaches is also a must-do thing to get decorative items made of seashells, and artifacts, and different souvenirs etc.
Suggested Tour Packages:
- Deccan Odyssey Train – 7N / 8D Delhi to Mumbai Departure
- Deccan Odyssey Mumbai to Mumbai Route – 7N / 8D Maharashtra Splendor
- Deccan Odyssey Mumbai to Mumbai Route – 7N / 8D Maharashtra Wild Trail
How to Reach
Nearest airport to reach Ganpatipule is the Ratnagiri airport.
Nearest railway station to reach Ganpatipule is Ratnagiri railway station. Trains from all major cities will stop at this station.
Book online Deccan Odyssey train and make your seat reserve in advance!
Roadway network of Ganpatipule is well-connected to all major cities like Mumbai and Pune. So it is easy to grab a regular bus.
Here it ends, these are the top 5 places that you have to experience in Maharashtra during winters means in December. So, next time plan to one of these destinations for a memorable winter vacation in Maharashtra.