India’s first underwater metro train will soon be launched under the Hooghly River, Kolkata. The construction of this train had been completed by the engineers from abroad and KMRC team.
Must Read : Underwater Railways – Everything You Need To Know
Everything about the underwater metro train in Kolkata:
- The total cost of the project will be around Rs.9, 000 crore.
- The tunnel is built in the Hooghly River; it will connect the salt lake to the east of West Bengal and Howrah to the west.
- This project is also named as the “East-West Metro project”.
- Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation had constructed the 16.4-kilometre long mass rapid transport.
- Two tunnels are meant for both onward and return journey, they are bored 30 meters from the ground and 13 meters beneath the riverbed.
- The work was completed on 20th June; the tunnel construction work from Howrah was commenced in the last week of April.
- In a report, it was stated that this project will take almost 10 lakh commuters by the metro line daily by the end of 2035.
- It will travel at a speed of 80 km/hr; the journey from Howrah to Mahakaran metro station will reach the destination in just a matter of a minute.
Must Read : Top 6 Affordable High-Speed Indian Trains Of Today
This train is the best example of progress and excellent engineering in India. This train will ensure your comfortable transportation for the residents of Kolkata. This will surely make the country proud.
Also read :
The Union Railway minister had announced that the project was completed and the metro train will be starting soon. This tunnel will be protected with 4-layer protection for shielding the tunnel under the water of the Hubli River.
This project is of 16.6 kilometres long and is connecting Salt Lake to the east and Howrah to the West. The entire length of the project is about 10.8 kilometres under the ground.
Do you like to travel to India, will you be interested in royal treatment? Then before you visit India's exotic atmosphere, you need to experience a luxury train that deserves a fortune in India. Listed below are the most luxurious and elegant train journeys to India.
Also read more articles :
You May Also Know About Popular Luxury Trains on India:-