Shri Ramayana Express : Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has declared the launch of Shri Ramayana Express, a special tourist train, on 28th march,2020. The train will run from Delhi to Ayodhya to help devotees to reach places associated with Lord Rama during Navaratra period. IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.) will operate and manage the train.
Interesting Facts about Shri Ramayana Express
- IRCTC has decided to introduce a special tourist train ‘Shri Ramayana Express’ following the tremendous responses achieved from launching the similar tourism train, which was introduced last year. Like previous train, the new train will also run through ‘Ramayana Circuit of India’. The difference between two trains is that the Shri Ramayana Express have extra five AC-3 tier coaches, which were absent in former tourism train. The last year’s train had only sleeper class coaches.
- There are two branches of Shri Ramayana Yatra- one branch travels in India and the other branch travels in Sri Lanka.
- Shri Ramayana Express with limited 40 seats covers tourist places of Ramayana Circuit in Sri Lanka. Interested passengers will de-board the Ramayana Express at Chennai on 15th day. From Chennai, a flight operated by Srilankan Airlines will take tourists to Colombo. There tourists will stay at Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Negombo.
- Passengers of this train will travel the the entire route along with a tour manager of IRCTC.
- Besides site- seeing arrangements, Shri Ramayana Express arranges for all-time meals, laundry and lodging in Dharmashalas.
Shri Ramayana Express: Know Facilities, Food, Route, Fares and Schedule
Shri Ramayana Express Facility and Amenities
Shri Ramayana Express will make arrangements of pure vegetarian meals, wash and change facilities for sleeper class passengers in Dharmashalas and for AC class passengers in hotels. Tourists will get the opportunity to enjoy site sceneries by Non-AC bus. The tour manager of IRCTC will be with the passengers throughout the tour.
Onboard Food & Menu
During Navaratra period, tourists will be served vegetarian meals. The food will be cooked and served to the travellers without onion and garlic. The tourists who will fast on Navaratra will be offered Shabudana khicdi, curd, potato chat and fruits.
Coaches of Shri Ramayana Express
Shri Ramayana Express contain total ten couches out of which five couches are sleeper class non-AC coaches and the rest five coaches are AC-three tier coaches. There is an arrangement of 360 berths in Sleeper class and 330 berths in AC three-tier class.
Schedule of Shri Ramayana Express
The tourists will visit the Ramayana circuit in India in 16 nights-17 days tour. The train will depart Delhi station on 28th March, 2020.
During the 16 nights to 17 days of the tour, passengers will visit the tourist locations associated with Lord Ram (also known as the “Ramayanah Circuit, India”).
Interested tourists may board the train from Delhi Safdarjong, Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly and Lucknow.
Route of the Shri Ramayan Express
The train passes through Ram Janmabhoomi, Hanuman Garhi at Ayodhya, Sita Mata Mandir at Bihar, Bharat Mandir at Nandigram, Janakpur at Nepal, Sankat Mochan Mandir at Beneras, Tulsi Manas Mandir at Benaras, Sita Samahit sthal at Uttar Pradesh, Hanuman Mandir and Bharadwaj Ashram at Prayag, Triveni Sangam, Ramghat and Sati Anusuiya Mandir at Chitrakot, Shringi Rishi Mandir at Shringverpur, Panchavati at Nasik, Jyotirilinga Shiva mandir at Rameshwaram and Hanuman Janm Sthal at Hampi.
Shri Ramayan Express Ticket Fare
Sleeper class package fare Rs.16,065 per person. AC class package fare Rs. 26,775 per person. The Sri Lankan branch will be charged extra Rs. 37,800 per person.
How To Book Shri Ramayan Express?
IRCTC has made arrangement for online booking of tickets for Shri Ramayana Express. The online booking can be done through IRCTC website. Besides online booking, direct booking is also available on ‘first come, first take’ basis.
Check out :