Sardar Patel Statue of Unity – Everything You Should Know
Now, the world’s tallest statue is Sardar’s “Statue of Unity” in Gujarat. It’s a great honor to India’s first home minister “Sardar Vallabhai Patel” who was the reason behind of united India.
Honorable Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s tallest statue “Statue of Unity” on the occasion of Sardar’s 143rd birthday on 31st October at 11:30 AM. Now, the Statue of Unity is a great statue in all over the world at 183 mts high by beating China’s Spring Temple Buddha Statue and it is two times higher than Statue of Liberty.
What you have to know about the Statue of Unity?
The Government of Gujarat announced the plan of Statue of Unity on 2010 by Narendra Modi. In order to remember Sardar’s hard work, who united 526 princely states as one nation “India” without splitting into different parts this statue was constructed and made the whole world to think about Sardar’s greatness.
The Statue of Unity located between the Satpura and the Vindhya mountain ranges on the Sadhu Bet island near the Narmada river. The statue is connected to Gujarat’s Kevadia town through a 3.5 kms highway to reach the statue and 200 kms away from Ahmedabad. Apart from the tallest statue, it’s now Gujarat’s most visit tourist attraction.
From 3rd November, the statue is open to the public. The main interesting thing of the Statue is the observation deck at the chest of Sardar Vallabhai Patel at 400 fts high. Through the observation deck, you can have the panoramic views of the Narmada river and other vicinity areas at extreme height.
Tips for Tourists that You Have to Know Before You Visit
Statue of Unity will be going to be the most visited tourist attraction in Gujarat with its interesting observatory deck and scenic natural attractions around the statue. The ticket prices for the entry is 120 Rs for adults and 60 Rs for children between 3 to 15 years and no fee for kids under 3.
For the observation deck viewers, the ticket price is 350 Rs per person. You will be carried to the observation deck through two high-speed lifts. Apart from Statue attractions, there is a lot to see around the statue like the valley of flowers and greenery of Satpura and Vindhya hill ranges. And every day at the evening laser show will be conducted for a half an hour.
Want to Visit Gujarat via luxury trains like Deccan Odyssey:
- Deccan Odyssey Train – 7N / 8D Delhi to Mumbai Departure
- Deccan Odyssey Train – 7N / 8D Mumbai to Mumbai Route covering Gujarat
- Deccan Odyssey Mumbai to Delhi Route – 7N / 8D Indian Sojourn
How to Book a Ticket?
Tickets are open to the public in two ways means offline and online. On the spot, means at the statue you can take tickets or you can book on online website.
Statue of Unity will open for public from 9 am to 6 pm every day.
Interesting Facts to be known about the “Statue of Unity”
- The architect designer of the statue is Ram V Sutar a well-known sculptor of India and also Padma Bhushan recipient.
- The statue was designed in a way that it can withstand with wind velocity up to 60 m/s, earthquakes, and vibrations.
- Time taken to construct the statue is 42 months and 3,000 workers hard work and 300 engineers from L&T.
- On an average, daily 15,000 visitors can visit the statue and the capacity of view gallery is 200 members at 153 mts.
- The base of the statue is constructed by the 129 tonnes of iron implements collected from the 100 million farmers in 169,000 villages all over India.
- The total amount cost for the statue is 3,000 crore.
- The statue is built in three layer structures. The inner layer is made of RCC (Reinforced Cement Concrete), the second layer is the steel structure, and the third layer is 8 mm of the bronze cladding.
- The most important thing is the two lifts at the RCC layer. At a time one lift can carry 26 members.