- Children below the age of 5 years can travel with a 10% of charge of the total cost of the journey. For children in the age group of 5 to 12 years, half of the journey cost will be charged. At the time of issuance of tickets, age proof certificate of the child/children needs to be furnished.
- For special festive departures like Christmas (25th December) and New Year (1st January), a surcharge of 10% will be added on the total fare of the Palace on Wheels train tour.
- Service tax will be charged extra as per the Government Rule.
- The above mentioned tariff is subject to change without a prior notification.
The fare of Palace on Wheels covers the following -
Travel, catering, conducted sightseeing, entrance fee at monuments/parks/palaces, cultural programs, camel ride at Jaisalmer, boat ride at Udaipur and rickshaw ride at Bharatpur.
The fare of Palace on Wheels doesn't cover the following -
Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, business car facilities, liquor and other items of personal nature.
For the fully independent travelers (FITs)
For group tours
- 20% of ticket value at the time of confirming the booking.
- Remaining 80% of ticket value 60 days prior to departure date.
- 50% of the tariff while confirming the booking.
- Remaining 50% of the tariff 75 days prior to the journey.
In case of travelers want to cancel the tour, they need to intimate Palace on Wheels via fax or e-mail. The refund of the money is solely based upon the number of days left for the departure of the train :
For the fully independent travelers (FITs)-
In case of group tours -
- In case cancellation is made 60 days prior to departure, 95% of ticket value will be refunded.
- In case cancellation is made 30-59 days prior to departure, 80% of the ticket value will be refunded.
- If the travelers made the cancellation in less than 30 days before departure, 0% of ticket value will be refunded.
- 90% of ticket value will be returned if the tour is cancelled 60 days prior to departure.
- 0% of the ticket value will be returned in case the cancellation is made 0 to 59 days before departure.