Dining has always been a luxury affair for the royal families of Rajasthan. As Palace on Wheels train tries to bring back the regal lifestyle of the Rajput monarchy the dining cars of this train are perfectly decoded to resemble dining halls of palaces. The dining experience at Palace on Wheels is no less than that of a 5 star hotel.
Palace on Wheels has 2 restaurants, namely, Maharajah and Maharani. Lavishly decorated and offering a platter of lip smacking cuisines, regality drips from every part of these royal restaurants.
The features which make Palace on Wheels Restaurants so royal are :
- Special seating arrangement so that every guest can get a vivid view of the changing landscape while dining.
- Spacious seating arrangement so that every guest can dine comfortable and there is no suffocation.
- The attendants are dressed in traditional Indian attire which gives the feel of dining at a palace.
- The food is cooked by some of the best chefs of the country, who bring to your table all the mouth melting delicacies of Rajasthani and Marwari style.
- There is also availability of Thai, continental and international cuisines.
- Guests can also ask for customised food preparations with less spices or salt.
- Food is served on imported crockery and drinks in fine quality glasses which come with delicate carvings.
Dine at this premium dining car of Palace on Wheels and you are sure to feel like a king. The luxurious setting, with sparkling glass window, beautifully carpeted floor, crisp linen, gorgeous chandeliers, warm ambiance, seamless service and amazing range of food and drinks, including local delicacies.
The wide range of lip-smacking delicacies to the vintage ambiance with antique lamps, interesting wooden panels, royal fabric with ancient prints, wall mounted lampshades, mesmerizing mirror work, glass tainted windows and flawless service, Maharani Restaurant offers you a royal experience at the restaurant.
Enjoy a fine dining amidst royal ambiance and get treated like a king/queen. There is seating arrangement for two (those who like private dining) and for four which is ideal for guests who would like to have some quality time with each other.