Some relaxation in Booking for Maharajas' Express Season 2020-21
This is to inform you that in line with government guidelines for safety & welfare of our guests, IRCTC has come up with some relaxation in booking for Maharajas' Express season 2020-21. This relaxation is to mitigate the spread of the Covid-19. Kindly find the details as mentioned below:
- Name change is allowed before 45 days prior to departure subject to mail received directly from any of the booked guests with proper reason and who is definitely travelling. Two times name change is allowed for season 2020-21, if requested directly by the guests to (email@example.com).
- Date change is allowed before 45 days prior to departure subject to availability and mail received from the agents or guests (direct booking). The difference arising in change of itinerary to be collected or refunded back accordingly. Two times date change is allowed for season 2020-21. If guest go for date change and further change of mind due to panic condition and want full refund, IRCTC will process full refund.
- Name change or date change will be allowed subject to submission of passports copy and full payment before 45 days prior to departure.
- Under such cases penalty and incentive clause will not be applicable due to relaxation given above.
- Rest all the terms and conditions as per the policy.
The above relaxation is valid for season 2020-21 only.
Booking Policy :
- You have a choice of making the entire payment in one go or pay a booking amount of 25% of the tour cost at least 90 days or more prior to the departure date and the balance latest by 75 days prior to the departure of the tour.
- If a booking is made 59 days or less prior to the departure of the tour, then the full 100% payment need to be made.
- All the booking requests will be processed based on the above mentioned payment policy failing which bookings may be released/cancelled and relevant cancellation charges will be applicable following deduction for services rendered.
- On completion of the booking and payment formalities, a confirmation will be sent to you. Kindly review & check the confirmation and advise us of any errors, if any, immediately. The final documentation containing the itinerary and voucher will be sent through an e-mail 14 days prior to date of departure. The originals will be handed over to you once you arrive in India.
- On payment of the booking amount, you will receive an acknowledgement for the amount paid. All the relevant bank charges will need to be borne by the travellers.
- The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of the transaction would be applicable.
Cancellation Policy :
For any cancellation days are counted excluding the date of departure.
In case of FIT's:
- 60 days or more prior to departure, 25% of published price.
- 45 to 59 days prior to departure, 50% of the nett amount.
- 0 to 44 days prior to departure, 100% of the nett amount.
In case of Group Booking:
- 120 days or more prior to departure, 5% of published price.
- 90 to 119 days prior to departure, 10% of published price.
- 60 to 89 days prior to departure, 25% of nett amount.
- 30 to 59 days prior to departure, 50% of the nett amount.
- 0 to 29 days prior to departure, 100% of the nett amount.
No show/ en route termination of tour/amendment :
- No Show : In case of No Show / Non-arrival of the guest, no refund or adjustment in future travel will be possible. The whole amount shall be treated as forfeited.
- En Route Termination of Tour : In case of termination of tour by the guest, for any reasons, no refund or adjustment for future travel will be possible. The amount for unused portion of the tour shall be treated as forfeited.
- Amendment - Is only possible under the circumstances like Natural Disaster / Natural Calamity or Serious Health Problem's (this needs to be supported by doctor's certificate) and is subject to availability. No refunds are possible and every case will be decided on merits on a case to case basis. No amendment will be permissible in case of booking of groups or complete train.
Child Policy :
Maharajas' Express does accommodate children but we request parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavour to maintain.
- Children below 5 years shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking. However, this is not recommended by us.
- Single child (5 years - 12 years) sharing cabin with adults : 50% of the adult fare, subject to sharing of double bed with two full paid adults. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking. However, this is not recommended by us. OR Single child (5 years - 12 years) in a separate cabin - 50% of the (adult fare + Supplement charges) if requested in a separate cabin.
- Two children (5 years - 12 years) in a separate cabin : 50% of the adult fare for each child in a separate cabin on twin sharing basis.
- Three children (5 years - 12 years) in a separate cabin : 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed. OR If third child request in a separate cabin - 50% of the (adult fare + Single Supplement charges).
- Single child (5 years -12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin : Two adults fare on twin sharing basis.
- Two children (5 years -12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin : One adult fare plus 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed.
- Child booking, if requested in a separate cabin, is subject to travelling with the adults. It is to be noted that single child has to share guide/vehicle with adults travelling together in case of Suite & PS cabin booked pax. In case, a separate higher category vehicle is required, then supplement will be levied.
- Please note that interconnecting cabins are only available in the Presidential Suite Car and not in any other category of cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.