Weekends are coming and all plans are ready with the backpack for some exciting road-trip.
Delhi is a beautiful city and capital of India, this metropolitan city has everything one can need, fashion, food and culture. Delhi is very dearly among all age groups people, with heritage building and monuments, Delhi is itself a great weekend place for outsiders. But for Delhiites, they might be looking for an escape this weekend.
So, if you are spending the long weekend with family, friends, then this is going to be the best and refreshing weekend for you all. Let’s get you all out from the hustle-bustle of life.
List of 10 great long weekend getaway from Delhi:
1. Agra (233 km away from Delhi)
Famous for name Taj city among countless travellers Agra is located on the bank of Yamuna. The Mughals gave the city a very Royal touch of Architecture. You can find many monuments and sights to visit while your long weekend in Agra. Local market like Kinari Bazar is something that draws a lot of attention of tourists, whether they are purchasing something handicrafts or sweets like Petha.
Popular tourist sites at Agra
- Taj Mahal: UNESCO World Heritage site named it one if the Seven wonders and after visiting it you will find out why. It was made by Shah Jahan in the memory of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- Agra fort: This place has been Mughal residence from 1638. It has every aspect of history and their home.
- Itimad-Ud-Daulah's tomb: It is also called as “Bachcha Taj” because of its resemblance to Taj Mahal.
- Fatehpur Sikri: This small town in Uttar Pradesh is filled with monuments made up of red sandstone.
- Mehtab Bagh: Beautiful garden in front of Taj Mahal will win you all over again. It is also known as Charbagh.
Top Things to do in Agra
- Witness Taj Mahotsav.
- See the sunset, sunrise and full moon around Taj Mahal.
- Attend the Taj Show to witness the Love and Mohabbat.
- Distance from Delhi: 233.1 km
- Time taken: 4h 32min
- Best time to visit: November to March
2. Jaipur (281 km away from Delhi)
Jaipur is capital city of Rajasthan. Due to colour of buildings in Jaipur, it is called as “pink city”. The pink city Jaipur has magnificent forts to see. Many kings and rulers has lived in this city. The royalty, the food, the sightseeing and much more this place has to offer you.
Popular tourist sites at Jaipur
- Amber Palace: This magnificent Yellow and pink sandstone structure will give you nostalgic vibes.
- Hawa Mahal: This beautiful palace is located on the edge of city of Jaipur that is why it is popularly known as Hawa Mahal.
- Albert Hall Museum: One of the oldest museum in Rajasthan has so much history preserved for us to see.
- Jantar Mantar: Mentioned in UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE Site is filled with astronomical instruments.
- Birla Mandir: Beautifully designed Laxmi Narayan temple will fill your heart with devotion and faith.
Top Things to do in Jaipur
- Take trips to all royal palaces
- Visit Rajmandir to watch a movie
- Learn about Rajasthan cuisine
- Stop by to elephant farm
- Distance from Delhi: 281.2 km
- Time taken: 5h 15min
- Best time to visit: November to February
The best way to reach Jaipur by Rail is a quick and convenient option. You can also enjoy the view of the landscape through the windows of the train. Choose Palace on Wheels India tour for 8 days and experience an unforgettable luxury train journey.
Check out more about Palace on Wheels Train
3. Manali (537 km away from Delhi)
Manali is a spectacular city in Himachal Pradesh. It is also called as Kullu. Hill stations are the best getaway when you live in a city like Delhi. It has gateway to Lahaul and Spiti. City offers all kind of transportation by air, by rail and by road. This city is very popular for honeymoon destination in India. Romantic valleys has a lot to offer you here.
Popular tourist sites at Manali
- Hidimba Devi Temple: This temple is devoted to wife of Bhima and mother of Ghatotkach. Its location and view makes it very popular among tourists.
- Rohtang La: If you have an adventurer's heart, this point will thrill you with paragliding, skiing, Quad etc.
- Mall road: Filled with a lot of local delight, café’s and restaurant will let you stroll through wonderful times.
- Solang Valley: You can enjoy Bungee jumping, paragliding, horse riding and can take ride in ropeway there.
Top Things to do in Manali
- River rafting
- Take a dip in hot spring
- Distance from Delhi: 537.6 km
- Time taken: 12h 49min
- Best time to visit: October to February
4. Ranthambore National Park (396 km away from Delhi)
This is located in Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan. This wildlife reserve will give you and your kids an unforgettable experience of their lives. It is used to be hunting ground for kings residing near Jaipur. It is spread in area of 392 sq km. Here you can find majestic Bengal tigers and many other animals in their natural habitat.
Popular tourist sites at Ranthambore National Park
- Jungle Safari: Jungle Safari in Ranthambore National park will give you a closure look to wild life there.
- Wild life viewing: Nature loving weekend will be delightful if you just sit and watch the view of every wild life in Ranthambore National park.
- Malik lake: Here you can enjoy bird watching and listening to them singing melodious songs.
Top Things to do in Ranthambore National Park
- Nature and wildlife photography
- Safari rides
- Bird watching
- Wildlife spotting
- Distance from Delhi: 396.4 km
- Time taken: 8h 48min
- Best time to visit: October to December
5. Udaipur (663 km away from Delhi)
City of lakes Udaipur is offering you serene beauty. This city is in western Rajasthan. Beautiful and magnificent Aravalli is adding scenic beauty to the city and this fascinates millions of travellers every year. In 1558 Maharana Udai Singh of Sisodia founded Udaipur. He made Udaipur his capital. Since then Udaipur is known for its beauty.
Popular tourist sites at Udaipur
- Lake Pichola: Enjoy the beauty of sun setting and rising with all glory in while boating in Pichola.
- Bagore ki Haveli: This is a beautiful museum which used to be a mansion of Mewar rulers.
- City Palace: The exquisite palace built on Lake Pichola is one of the best thing to do in Udaipur with all aspects.
- Sheesh Mahal: Beautiful dinning by the lake has to be one in your list. The royal cuisine will explode your taste buds.
- Kumbhalgarh fort: A spectacular view of this majestic fort at night while light and sound show will enchant you.
Top Things to do in Udaipur
- Romantic boat rides
- Watch sunset
- Attend light and sound show at Fort
- Watch puppet show
- Do shopping
- Distance from Delhi: 663 km
- Time taken: 11h 44min
- Best time to visit: September to March
Did you know you can get to Udaipur by Luxury Trains with Maharajas' Express. This train offers guest world-class facilities and services onboard.
Check out here
6. Haridwar-Rishikesh (238 km away from Delhi)
There is nothing better than going on a spiritual journey, where you can be calm and collected for a while. Haridwar and Rishikesh are said to be “dev Bhoomi” meaning God’s land.
Popular tourist sites at Haridwar-Rishikesh
- Ram Jhula: The magnificent bridge on Ganga will keep you in awe.
- Lakshman Jhula: This is an another bridge on holy river Ganga.
- Swarg Ashram: This is a centre to soul search through meditation and yoga.
- Betales Ashram: As name suggests, this is somewhere famous 60’s Betales band stayed there.
- Water sports: There you enjoy a lot of water sports like river rafting, boating etc.
Top Things to do in Haridwar-Rishikesh
- Take dip in holy Ganga
- Air Safari
- Explore your taste buds at Chotiwala Restaurant in Rishikesh.
- Waterfall treeking
- Try yourself with Giant Swing
- Attend evening prayer in Haridwar.
- Distance from Delhi: 238.4 km
- Time taken: 5h 30min
- Best time to visit: February to August
7. Mussoorie (287 km away from Delhi)
Queens of hills is a mandatory hill station to visit once in your life time. It is located in Uttrakhand. Between beautiful valley and serene atmosphere. Mussoorie is on 7000 feet above sea level in foothills of Garwhal. This place is quite famous among young heart for their honeymoon destinations.
Popular tourist sites at Mussoorie
- Kempty falls: Beautiful water fall attracts a lot of tourists to its serene.
- Company garden: This garden is filled with amusement and rides to enjoy.
- Lal tibba Scenic point: The surreal place with lot of delights and views of mountain.
- Gun Hill: One of the highest peak in Missouri will let you have a beautiful look all over the city.
- Dhanaulti: A small hamlet filled with greenery.
Top Things to do in Mussoorie
- Rock climbing
- Wildlife spotting and photography
- Distance from Delhi: 287 km
- Time taken: 6h 50 min
- Best time to visit: April to June and December to February
8. Jodhpur (603 km away from Delhi)
Sun City is the second-largest city in Rajasthan. It is also famous for names like “Getaway to Thar” and “the blue city” due to the Architectural pattern of houses in Jodhpur. It was capital of kingdom of Mewar. It lies in the heart of Rajasthan enriched in culture, royalty and majestic views.
Popular tourist sites at Jodhpur
- Mehrangarh Fort: Mighty fort with beautiful architectural designs and royal touch.
- Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park: Explore the park with unique rock formations.
- Toorji Ka Jhalra Bavdi: Also called as stepwell to Jodhpur. It is very deep and has intricate design.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: Hotel with living museum, where you can grab a bite or avail a spa at same place.
- Chamunda Mata Temple: Beautifully carved walls with spiritual touch to Hindu devotees.
Top Things to do in Jodhpur
- Take a ride to Jodhpur Flying fox
- Visit Jaswant Thara
- Take a stroll to clock tower and old market
- Stroll through streets.
- Distance from Delhi: 603 km
- Time taken: 11h
- Best time to visit: November to February
9. Bharatpur (220 km away from Delhi)
It is located in Rajasthan among royalty. It is very popular for its wildlife reserve and It has so much historical points to visit. Among all bird watching can fill your soul here.
Popular tourist sites at Bharatpur
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary: Variety of birds live here and migrate here from around the globe.
- Keoladeo National park: Home to 350 species of birds this park was listed by UNESCO.
- Lohagarh Fort: Beautiful Iron Fort was built by Maharaja Suraj Mal.
- Government Museum: Filled with beautiful local artifacts, coins, weapons and ancient paintings.
Top Things to do in Bharatpur
- Bike ride to keoladeo National park
- Bird watching
- Nature photography
- Jungle Safari
- Distance from Delhi: 220.4 km
- Time taken: 14h 15min
- Best time to visit: August to December
10. Mathura-Vrindavan (183 km away from Delhi)
Lord Krishna has called already a lot of devotees to his birthplace. Its time for you to go there and lose yourself in the name of God too. It is a town in Uttar Pradesh.You can witness a lot of God’s work while you will be there.
Popular tourist sites at Mathura-Vrindavan
- Banke Bihari temple: Dedicated to Lord Krishna, this temple has million of devotees coming in every year from all over the world.
- Govardhan hills: Place is related with a folklore of Lord Krishna.
- Prem mandir: Witness of eternal love and friendship of Radha and Krishna can be seen here.
- Dwarkadheesh Temple: One of the oldest temple in Mathura, it shows the later life of Lord Krishna, after he shifted from Mathura.
Top Things to do in Mathura-Vrindavan
- Attend famous Holi of Mathura, Vrindavan and Barsana.
- Walk all way round to Govardhan hills.
- Devote yourself in ISKCON temple's group prayer.
- Distance from Delhi: 183 km
- Time taken: 3h 18min
- Best time to visit: October to March
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and hit the road for such a beautiful and exciting journey on the way.