Top 10 Places To Visit In May Around the World
If you are dreaming for a vacation in the laps of nature, soaked in exotic ambiance and away from the scorching sun of May, these below mentioned 10 places have been made just for you.
1. Greenville, South Carolina
With the backdrop of the deep blue ridge mountains and a pleasant atmosphere, this downtown city of Greenville is a respite from the black smoke and the hot air of the metros.
Also Read: Bharatpur National Park – A Complete Guide
When at Greenville, you can engage yourself in a plethora of activities besides enjoying the soothing nature.
- Explore historic homes.
- Visit the Greenville zoo.
- Cheer at the micro league sports.
- Witness ancient art collections.
- Entertain yourself with performing arts.
- Search for the nine bronze mice scattered around the city.
Do you Know About : 15 Fastest Trains in the World
2. Grenada, West Indies
Also known as the Spice of Caribbean, Grenada is an escapade into the laps of nature. Wet your feet in the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea or feel happy with the warm hospitality of the locals.
While the islands offer a perfect nest for people seeking solitude, the city is filled with activities like
- Watch the sailing ships at the natural harbour of Grenada.
- Visit the Grenada National Museum to watch archaeological artefacts and primitive paintings.
- Dive into the waters to shake hands with turtles, sharks and wrecks.
- Relish cuisines blended with the flavours of Creole, Caribbean and West Indies.
Also Read : Top 15 Seven Star Hotels in the World
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina
This off beat tourist destination is a perfect chill out place this summer. From the grandeur of Europe to the exotic flavor of Latin America, every aspect of a beautiful vacation is present at this city.
Must Read: 15 Most Luxurious Experiences in India
Buenos Aires is an epitome of dynamic life and tourists can make the most of their May holiday here by
- Relishing juicy steaks, sparkling wine and varied flavoured ice cream.
- Strolling through the narrow lanes to witness the French and Italian styled architecture.
- Dance through the night at the discos streaming spinning electronica to jazz, Buenos Aires never sleeps.
- The city gifted Tango dance to the world. And when in Buenos Aires enjoy the authentic beats of this sensual dance at the Tango dance salons and dance schools.
4. Los Cabos, Mexico
Deserts, mountains or beaches, whatever you want is present at this southern city of Latin America. Beat the heat of May at this exquisite location nestled between the deep blue waters of Sea of Cortes and the Pacific Ocean.
Enjoy an adventurous vacation without putting much pressure on your pockets by
- Bungee jumping from a height of 330 feet.
- Witness the yellow and ochre layers of the desert from the top in a glass blocked cable car.
- The city also has the longest suspension bridge on which you can test your balance by walking free hand.
- Want some solitude? Enjoy fishing the Blue Marlin, one of the most emblematic species of the region.
- Todos Santos is a paradise for the art lovers. This is a Magic Town where expert painters, sculptures and poets reside. Film and art festivals occur throughout the year at this place.
Also Read : The 10 Most Multicultural Cities in the World
A link between Africa and Middle East, Egypt is a treasure of ancient art and architecture. Wake up to enjoy the sublime beauty of nature or ride on camels through the golden sands to travel back in time.
Suggested Read: Five Best Luxurious Tour Options in India
Enjoy a mix of activities this summer at Egypt by
- Visiting one of the Seven Wonders of the Pyramids of Giza. Tombs for the dead monarchs, architectures around the world still wonder how these were built.
- Exploring the Karnak temple and the Memorial Temple of Hatshepsut is one of the largest open air museums of the world, dotted with the varied colours of Egyptian culture.
- Enjoying the pleasant breeze of River Nile by taking a river ferry to the island of Elephantine.
Chill out this summer at the cool hill stations of India, pray at the hundreds of old shrines of the country or just live like a monarch at Rajasthan.
Further Read: Top 10 Places to Visit in Bharatpur
- Pray at the ancient temples of Benaras and shop the gorgeous silks of the city.
- Ride on camels through the golden Thar Desert or entertain yourself with puppet shows at Rajasthan.
- Spend a lavish holiday over the luxury trains of the country, like Palace on Wheels, Deccan Odyssey and Maharajas Express.
- Live on houseboats over the crystalline waters of Kerala and rejuvenate yourself with authentic Ayurveda SPA.
How to Book the luxury trains:
- Online Booking of Maharajas Express train
- Online Booking of Palace on Wheels train
- Online Booking of Deccan Odyssey train
Also Read : What to Wear in India – Essential Packing Things
7. Marrakesh, Morocco
Known as the Red City, Marrakesh is a city dotted with traditional markets, gardens fragrant with local flowers , large courtyards and hundreds of years old alleys.
Get ready for an off-beat vacation at Marrakesh, enjoying
- A desert safari at the Sahara, lying under a star filled sky or riding on a camel through the golden sands.
- Tour the Bahia Palace and the Dar Si Said to witness some opulent marble beauty, tile-work and intricately designed wooden ceilings.
- Fill your bags with souvenirs which include Moroccan carpets, bowls and home decor made at the artisan workshops.
8. New York City
This American city is filled with fun and frolic. This year’s May is going to be immemorial in your life with a visit to New York.
New York is a whirlwind of activities with
- Feeling free standing under the Statue of Liberty.
- Stroll, run or just relax over the dew drenched grass of the Central Park. This half a mile wide garden also includes Belvedere Castle, Strawberry Fields, the Central Park Zoo and a lake.
- Visit the 70 storey Rockefeller Centre, the hub for radio and other types of radio programmes.
9. Salina Island, Italy
Salina Island is the right place for solitude seekers. Besides refreshing with the lush greenery of this twin island, here tourists can
- Get gorgeous with mud baths.
- Play on the black sand beaches.
- Stroll along the traffic free roads letting cool air pass through the hair.
- Sip some exotic wine and delectable Italian cuisines at the plush boutiques
Also Read : 11 Most Beautiful Islands in the World
Enter this city of lights to enjoy activities like
- Explore the First City Square of Paris, the Place Royal. Designed with red bricks and blue slates, this is one of the iconic destinations of Paris.
- Entertain yourself at the Moulin Rouge.
- Play at the Disneyland, Paris’s Disneyland is the most visited themed park of Europe.
- Make a promise of lifetime at the Eiffel Tower.
So if you are looking for an ultimate destination to chill out this May, make a choice from any of the above 10 places.
You may also read related articles: