Deccan Odyssey, the leading luxury train in India, offers several itineraries and destinations within a short span of time. The train's interior design and decoration resemble the majestic carriages used by the Maharajas for travelling. In addition to guest cabins, the Deccan Odyssey has high, tech conference cart, a health spa, two multi, cuisine restaurants etc.
Fact about Deccan Odyssey in Short
- Deccan odyssey is inspired by Palace on wheels, India's first luxury train is one of the most beautiful, royal and elegant trains ran by Maharashtra tourism development corporation and Indian railways.
- Deccan odyssey has won Asia's leading luxury train 6 times in a row, for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 from World travel awards. It is also a winner of TTJ Jury awards for excellence and innovation and the best luxury train award at Indian travel awards.
- This train runs on six different journeys to select from of 7 nights and 8 days duration starting from Mumbai or Delhi and looping back to Mumbai or Delhi mostly.
- Deccan odyssey has 21 luxurious coaches and 12 passenger saloons, two dining cars, 1 bar lounge, conference saloon with business center, mini gym, and an ayurvedic spa. This train offers two different types of cabin type Presidential suite and Deluxe cabin.
- The facilities in Deccan Odyssey train is everything that will make someone's life soothing heaven. They provide a wardrobe, personal safe, telephone, attached bathroom, wifi, TV, air conditioning, personal attendant, and many other things.
- The train offers six itineraries covering Forts & Palaces Of India, Taj Mahal, Tiger forest reserves, and UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ajanta Ellora Caves & Hampi, etc.
Here you will come to know the interesting facts about the Deccan Odyssey in details.
1. History of Train
Deccan Odyssey, a brainchild of MTDC (Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation), started its journey in 2003. MTDC first proposed to launch Deccan Odyssey in 2001 in Maharashtra and a MOU, signed between MTDC and the Indian Railways Ministry, turned the proposal into reality. ICF (Integral Coach Factory) started their work on Deccan Odyssey. 2003 is the witness of completion of the entire train construction.
The train was put on tracks on 16th January 2004. This blue Limousine on wheels stole everyone's sight. Deccan Odyssey is associated with the best luxury trains of the world namely Orient Express of Europe and Blue Train of South Africa.
2. Welcome Ceremony
The inauguration or welcome ceremony of Maharashtra Splendour was a heart warming experience for viewers. The welcome ceremony was held at the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus. The festive atmosphere was mind, blowing.
Ladies in Maharashtrian attrie welcomed guests for riding the train. Music at the background soothed the guest's mind and the cordial hospitality of the personal attendants was amazing. The attendants handled luggage of the guests with utmost care. A refreshing drink was served to say welcome to the guests.
Deccan Odyssey was launched to boost tourism in Maharashtra. The purpose of starting Deccan Odyssey is to launch complete 5, star hotel on wheels. The 5, star Hotel on wheels explores the Western Ghats, the Deccan Plateau and the Konkan region. The name of Deccan Odyssey has been derived from the name Deccan Plateau.
Deccan Odyssey is well, known for its interior decoration and modern facilities. Modern facilities include attached bathroom and toilet with hot/cold running water, air conditioning cabins, Wi, Fi, TV and music channel, personal attendant.
Deccan Odyssey has two multi, cuisine restaurants, Peshwa I and Peshwa II, which serve Indian, Continental and Oriental dishes. Mumbai Hi, a well stocked bar, refreshes guests with a favourite wine after a hectic day of sightseeing. A health spa in Deccan Odyssey soothes body, mind and soul by massaging the body and offering steam bath.
The Deccan Odyssey has been awarded Asia's Leading Luxury Train Award at the World Trade Awards seven times. Deccan Odyssey is the winner of Best Asian Luxury Train 2018. Deccan Odyssey has won this award for five successive years. This train has been crowned the Best Luxury Train Award in India on 8th December 2015 at the Crowne Plaza, Jaipur.
Read more: Deccan Odyssey Awards
Deccan Odyssey covers six different itineraries each of which needs 7 nights / 8 days time to travel. These itineraries include the following:
1. Maharashtra Splendour Tour
2. Jewels of the Deccan Tour
In this Jewels of the Deccan itinerary, The Deccan Odyssey passes through Mumbai, Aihole, Bijapur, Pattadakal, Hyderabad, Hampi, Ellora and Ajanta Caves.
3. Indian Odyssey Tour
The destinations covered by Deccan Odyssey in this itinerary are Mumbai, Aurangabad, Pench, Tadoba, Ajanta, Ellora Caves, Nashik.
The destinations covered by Deccan Odyssey in this itinerary are Mumbai, Vadodara, Sasan Gir & Somnath, Palitana, Littile Rann of Kutch, Patan, Modhera, Nashik, Mumbai.
For booking Deccan Odyssey ticket click on it.
7. Restaurants on Wheels
Two multi, cuisine restaurants of Deccan Odyssey are Peshwa I and Peshwa II, which offer guests Indian, Continental and oriental delicious dishes. Being dressed in Maharashtrian attire, the stewards of each cabin serve food to guests on the gold, edged platter. The brilliant interior decoration, the cordial hospitality of the stewards and the relaxed ambience add more taste to dishes.
The interior decoration of Deccan Odyssey will remind you of the former Deccan dynasties. The themes of Deccan Odyssey have been drawn from the royal dynasties. The cabins look like regal carriages of the Maharajas for travelling.
9. Guest Carriages
Deccan Odyssey resembles the majestic carriages used by the Maharajas. 40 Deluxe cabins, and 4 Presidential Suits are brilliantly decorated. Each cabin comes with queen size bed, attached bath and toilet with running hot/cold water, wardrobe, air conditioning, internet facility, floor carpeting and electric supply of 240 volts in the cabins and of 110 volts in the bathrooms.
10. Entertaining facility
Deccan Odyssey offers entertaining facilities after a packed schedule of sightseeing of a day. After a day long visit, guests can watch TV, listen to music channel, surf internet from his own cabin. Bar & sitting lounge offers guests with a variety of wines and opportunity to exchange cordial conversation with fellow guests. Guests can relax their body, mind and soul at a health spa.
Suggested Article :