5 Best Trains From Delhi to Jaipur
Jaipur is one of the top destinations in India. Several tourists visit this Pink City each year to see ancient monuments and palaces. It is situated not very far from the National Capital State of Delhi. So, reaching Jaipur from Delhi by train is a great idea as it is faster, easier and budget friendly. There are Normal Trains, Super Fast Express trains as well as Other Trains.
Get to know about three of the best trains from Delhi to Jaipur.
Important Points To Remember
- Delhi Main Railway Station – NDLS / New Delhi Railway Station (close to Paharganj).
- Trains to Jaipur have departure at DLI / Old Delhi Railway Station situated close to Chandhi Chowk.
- Trains to Jaipur have departure at DEE / Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station is in North Delhi located 5 km West from New Delhi Railway Station NDLS.
- Jaipur Main Railway Station – JP / Jaipur Junction.
- You can also book tickets in person at the International Tourist Bureau in NDLS / New Delhi Railway Station under Foreign Tourist Quota.
How to Best Get from Delhi to Jaipur by Normal / Superfast Express Trains
1. Morning Departure – DEE-BDTS GARIBRATH
This trains starts at dee / Delhi Sarai Rohilla railway station at 9.20 departure and arrives at jp / Jaipur railway station at 2.10 in the afternoon. It covers a distance of 303 km and halts here for 10 minutes till 2.20 pm to resume the remainder journey. There are 3 tier A/C class with reasonable fare. The duration of the journey is roughly less than 5 hours and the train operates on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of the week.
2. Afternoon Departure – ASHRAM EXPRESS
This train starts or departs at DLI / Old Delhi Railway Station at 3.20 pm at afternoon or 15.20 hours. The JP / Jaipur Railway Station is the eleventh station after the train covers a distance of 308 km and reaches at 20:25 hours or 8:25 pm at night on the same day. The duration of the journey is roughly 5 hours and the train operates on all the seven days of the week.
3. Evening Departure – JP DOUBLE DECKER
This trains starts at DEE / Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station at 5.35 PM or 17.35 hours evening departure and reaches at JP / Jaipur Railway Station last stop at 10.05 PM at night or 22.05 hours on the same evening. JP is the last and sixth station and covers a distance of 303 km. The duration of the journey is roughly less than 5 hours and the train operates on all the seven days of the week.
Delhi to Jaipur by Luxury Trains
There are other trains traveling the route from Delhi to Jaipur that take guests on a holiday tour in luxury. All basic facilities are seen to on these luxury train journeys.
The luxurious journey starts at Delhi Safdarjung Station and covers various destinations en-route to Jaipur. There are 3N / 4D journeys as well as 6N/ 7D journeys. These are the itineraries that go from Delhi to Jaipur.
Also read : What is Maharajas’ Express Train?
Find out more about Maharajas Express:
- Departure Dates of Maharajas Express Train
- Cost of Maharajas Express Train
- Thematic Restaurants of Maharajas Express Train
- Maharajas Express train history
- Maharajas Express route map
On the third day of this journey the guests arrive at Jaipur to visit the top tourist destinations. They also take part in activities such as optional health spa at a hotel/ or play golf. Otherwise they can also go for shopping at local markets of Jaipur or sightseeing to City Palace, a guided tour to Amber fort, watch an elephant polo match, etc. on this 3N/ 4D luxury sojourn.
In this tour, the guests go on a luxury tour and visit Ranthambore to get a thrilling jeep safari ride and watch wildlife in their natural habitat. They also have time to check out shopping at the local market and an elephant polo match in addition to sightseeing to several world tourist destinations on this 3N/ 4D luxury sojourn.
This is a week long journey or 6N /7D tour covering various destinations and Jaipur is the first destination on this tour. It starts at Safdarjung Railway Station and it goes back to Delhi after touring all destinations. There are other activities like Elephant Painting & shopping in addition to sightseeing at great destinations.
This is a week long journey or 6N /7D tour covering various destinations starting at Safdarjung Railway Station and ends at Mumbai. The train reaches Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur on Day 3 of the week long tour.
Must Read :
- How Many Coaches are there in Maharajas Express?
- What Kinds of Cuisines are Available on Maharajas Express on board?
Palace on Wheels week long 6 nights and 7 days journey that start and end at Delhi covering Jaipur as one of the destinations. Guests indulge in various sightseeing tours that are guided by trained staff.
This is a luxury tour and guests enjoy all basic needs in luxury including free Wi-Fi internet, chargers/ adapters to charge your devices, air conditioned cabins with various occupancies, meals at any of the 2 lavish restaurants on-board, and several other paid and chargeable benefits. Check out the details at https://www.orientrailjourneys.com for the detailed itinerary, fare, benefits, and other terms & conditions.
Know more about the Palace on Wheels:
- Departure Dates of Palace on Wheels
- Palace on Wheels facilities
- Palace on Wheels route map
- Palace on Wheels fares
- FAQ’s – Palace on Wheels Train
You may also read related articles: