A Complete Guide On Nilgiri Mountain Railway Toy Train to Ooty
IRCTC introduced Nilgiri Mountain Railway Toy Train trip tour for 4 Nights/5 Days through Ooty, Pykara falls, Madumalai etc to cover the greenery attractions of Nilgiri ranges.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) always try to implement new thoughts and interesting things to attract tourists. In the same way, Nilgiri Mountain Railway Toy Train is the best thing introduced by IRCTC to enjoy the lush greenery and slopes of the Nilgiri ranges.
Also Read: History of Indian Railways – 1853 to 2018
The total coverage distance travel of the train is 46 kms and it covers the beautiful attractions in between Mettupalayam to Ooty. The destinations come through this train tour are Ooty lake, botanical gardens, Pykara falls, Madumalai wildlife sanctuary, tea museum, Sims park, and Black thunder water theme park etc. Interestingly, through the train ride, travelers can experience nearly 250 bridges, 208 curves, and 16 tunnels.
This toy train ride is a fantastic travel tour to experience the beautiful greenery and natural attractions of Ooty, “the Queen of hill stations” in Tamil Nadu. The main theme and motive of the train are to cover the natural attractions of Tamil Nadu.
What to Know About the Train
The train offers 4 nights/ 5 days tour and sleeper classes and 3AC tickets are the options for travelers to choose on the train. And meals on the train doesn’t include in the tour package. But hotel accommodation will include in the tour package.
And the available services of this toy train rides are:
- 56136 Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam.
- 56137 Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam.
- 56138 Coonorto Udagamandalam.
- 56139 Coonorto Udagamandalam.
These are the services available for toy train rides along the Nigiri mountain ranges.
And here seating capacity of trains also mentioned.
56136 Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam & 56137Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam
First class: 16 seats
Second class: 214 seats
56138 Coonor to Udagamandalam & 56139 Coonor to Udagamandalam
First class: 12 seats
Second class: 88 seats
There are two options to book tickets on the train through online or offline. But there is a great demand for this toy train. So almost try to book earlier for the confirmation of tickets.
And details are here how to book on the train.
Through IRCTC online website travelers can book tickets. And the procedure to book through online is:
- Visit the online website of IRCTC (www.irctc.co.in). After visiting you have to register.
- After registering, enter your login username and password to log in.
- In the website, left side you can find one “Plan My Journey” option and then click on it.
- Then you will have some sections to fill up and they are From Station, To Station, Journey Date, and Ticket type.
- After filling this information, a list of trains will appear according to the selected route.
- And then you have to select the train and class type. Finally, the train will show the availability details.
- If you want to book, then click on “Book Now” option.
- After this, reservation filling paper will appear and then you have to fill up all your details like name, age, sex, berth etc.
- After confirmation, make payment with available payment options on the website.
- Finally, after a successful transaction and reservation, your confirmed ticket will available. You can take print out or you can show in your mobile.
At the ticket counter you can take tickets and only four tickets will be issued for one person. But it will be better to book through online for the best seating and berth preferences and many more benefits.
Here are the complete price details of the train according to occupancy and different categories.
|Twin Sharing||Rs/- 10,500|
|Triple Sharing||Rs/- 8,940|
|Child(5-11 years) with bed||Rs/-6,650|
|Child(5-11 years) without bed||Rs/-6,650|
Package Tariff valid for Group Booking (4 to 6 Pax):
|(Group Booking 4-6 Pax)|
|Child(5-11 years) with bed||Rs/-7,850|
|Child(5-11 years) without bed||Rs/-7,850|
- Before 15 days of tour date 100Rs/- will be deducted per person.
- Before 8 to 14 days of tour date 25% of the tour package will deduct.
- Before 4 to 7 days of tour date 50% of the tour package will deduct.
- Less than 4 days of tour date payment can’t be returned.
These are the details of ticket pricing and cancellation policies of the train which were should check before you book.
List of some popular luxury trains in India are:
The route covered by the train
The train covers the five major stops. They are Coonoor, Wellington, Aravankadu, Ketti and Lovedale. From these stops, travelers can visit all nearby places. In return train, they can get back to Chennai.
Read more related posts of Indian Railways:
- The Changing Face of the Indian Railways
- Ramayana Express Trains for Madurai, Rajkot and Jaipur
- IRCTC Introduced India’s First Deluxe Luxury Train to Cover Buddhist Circuit
- Indian Railways to Launch Fastest Trains in India – Train 18 & Train 20
- Indian Railways to Introduce Luxury Coaches with Glass Ceiling